I’ve done it again and made a thing and forgot to take photos until it was nearly done!
I have been working on a way to brace the transmission’s torque reaction to the torque arm. The only mounting points being at the bellhousing end and the torque arm being at the other end. I have no idea if this would work but it is the only option I have at the moment. I could, of course, change the lengths of the drive shafts and move the transmission to the nearside where it should be but that is a cost I am avoiding right now.
To get the transmission in the right place I used a ratchet strap to rotate the transmission so the back end was raised and closer to the torque arm.
I made a card template of the bolt holes at the bottom of the bellhousing and then welded up some 50 x 6mm flat bar that I drilled to fit three of the M10 x 1.25 threaded holes. I then found a bit of flat steel plate, 3mm thick, that used to be a flat screen TV mounting plate. That meant I could make another card template to join the bellhousing across to the torque arm.
You can see the 3mm plate bent to fit under the transmission.
Here is the bolted end of the brace, the middle bolt isn’t fitted in this photo.
To reduce flexing I added a long fillet. The end of it needs trimming off a bit as it is very close to the transmission.
The torque arm has an extension on the bush. I am not sure if I want to use or lose that.
With the brace fully welded and painted I installed it and tightened up the bolts.
Not too bad for modelling by eye, I will need to twist the 3mm plate a little so that it is square to the torque arm bolt hole to relieve the bush. I am also wondering about extending the plate forwards so that there is a second bolt hole, and also adding some more stiffening under the plate.
So, aside from a few details, I think that is how the transmission will fit.